Thursday, May 26, 2011

braces, down payment, donation art sale, tilling, and a hen house video tour

News of import:
We went to see an alternative orthodontist yesterday in Eugene, Dr. Gray Grieve, and after reviewing the choices, have decided that his pricing was better than previous orthodontists have quoted us for Isabelle's braces and headgear. Plus, if we do the down payment before the month of may, he is offering a $500 off on total price! See the detail's on the Queen's blog. We have set up there, an art sale and donation fund to get us there! Here is a link to Isabelle's blog: http://isabellerose10.blogspot.com/

It has been raining here in the northwest pretty steadily... this has put a damper on the tilling of the garden. Hopefully, it will dry out this next week (boy, there is an echo in here! I must have said that for the tilling 10 times this year!), and I will get it done! I will probably ditch hand till to get it done quicker and go back to the original plan of borrowing Jack's gas tiller.

I also recorded a video tour of the hen house, now that egg sales are up, I figured it would be a good idea for everyone who hasn't made it out to our homestead yet to get to see it's progress, and how the biddies are doing! The end gets cut off a bit, sorry for that. It actually cuts off the part where I discover that one of Big Momma's eggs is missing! I can't figure out where it went, other than maybe she rejected it, and her or the other chickens gobbled it up. I don't know....
---hmm... blogger is still making it difficult, if not impossible for me to upload a video... so here's a link to the same vid on my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/99lunalupis

4 comments:

  1. Just thought I would remind you that it is Monday and you were going to write a weekly update on the homestead happenings on Sunday...don't you just love near-mom-in-laws?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! We had guests over and about a bazillion kids running around! But hey, That's just an excuse! Expect a weekly update today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this article, thank you for sharing.
    youtube to mp3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am using a converter from youtube to mp3 converter, mp4 and download youtube videos 1080 that is youtubeconverter.to. You should try using it, I told you that you won't be disappointed in what this tool gives you.

    ReplyDelete